To ensure Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Enterprise Information Technology (IT) and National Security Systems (NSS) acquired, assigned, or managed by the DoD and Service components are able to protect and defend information and information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. This includes providing for restoration of information systems by incorporating Protection, Detection, Reaction and Restoration (PDRR) capabilities.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
The JITC Information Assurance (IA) Team provides full IA support on a fee-for-service basis, either in our laboratory or through collaborative relationships with other Major Range and Test Facility Bases (MRTFB), and other DoD Test and Evaluation (T&E) organizations. Plans, directs, coordinates, and controls IA assessments during all phases of testing for Joint NSS and IT systems.
- Serves as the lead Operational Test Agency (OTA) for United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) and United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) for all aspects of Director, Operational Test and Evaluation (DOT&E) Cybersecurity (CS)/ IA assessments during major exercises under their purview. Additionally, the JITC IA Team serves as IA support to other OTAs during major Combatant Command (CCMD) exercises.
- Performs IA assessments in support of developmental and operational tests, Net-Ready Key Performance Parameter (NR-KPP) test certifications, COCOM exercises, Unified Capabilities and on customer requested products.
- Performs DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), Defense Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) related efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), DoD, and non-DoD organizations.
- Performs CS/IA assessments for Unified Capabilities and commercial vendor developed products to ensure compliance with DoD policies and guidelines.
- Provides IA technical framework support in accordance with Defense in Depth (DiD) and Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Performs the responsibilities listed in 06-DC-M005, Army Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Agent of the Certification Authority (ACA) Best Business Practices.
JITC is the sole DoD joint interoperability certification authority per the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Instruction 6212.01F. JITC also provides DIACAP and National INformation Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (NIACAP) (National Security Telecommunications and Information System Security Instruction (NSTISSI) No. 1000) support.
Partnering with Enterprise Services allows for agile and timely testing in a secure environment. This connects people, systems and coalition partners.
INFORMATION ASSURANCE LABORATORY
The JITC IA Laboratory provides a robust test capability for your needs. The mission of the JITC IA Lab is to provide a dynamic network environment in order to facilitate testing, training, and operational needs. Larger scale IA T&E may be implemented in coordination with other JITC laboratories.
Some of the services the IA Lab provides include:
CYBERSECURITY POINT OF CONTACT
- Test efforts ranging from unified capabilities, security device assessments, to the testing of DoD tools and vendor products
- Supporting the JITC enterprise with all IA related test efforts
- Simulate the Global Information Grid (GIG) and building networks according to the test requirements. The Lab is a mini version of the GIG, which includes added offensive operations.
- Providing the infrastructure for researching, familiarizing, and testing IA tools and network security information.
- Providing various system platforms for testing of new IA tools. By testing, information is collected from data points such as: vulnerabilities, intrusion detection, and antivirus, to provide specific IA tool feedback (test, evaluation, and assessment information) to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and/or customer representatives. This includes any recommended tool improvements (enhancements and extensions).
Cybersecurity Branch Chief: