The JITC Strategy and Policy Branch (JT4A) develops and provides products and services to Department of Defense organization and agencies, the Services, Defense Information System Agency (DISA), JITC, and programs in support of JITC’s joint interoperability certification mission in accordance with Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 8330.01.
JT4A represents JITC in coordination of Department interoperability policies, providing key coordination and responsibility for several support instructions and guides at the Department, agency and command level. JT4A’s products and services cover a broad spectrum of Test & Evaluation (T&E) needs with the primary purpose to support an efficient and quality joint interoperability program within the DoD.
JT4A products include instructions, guides, templates, checklists and training materials for program managers and JITC testing portfolios. JT4A also provides a range of mission supported services, such as quality reviews, waivers requests, risk assessments, coordination with external groups (on matters of joint interoperability certification), Net Ready Key Performance Parameter (NR KPP), Helpdesk and more.
NR-KPP POINTS OF CONTACT
- DoD Interoperability Guidance/Policy Compliance and the Interoperability Process Guide (IPG) – Coordinate with DoD Chief Information Officer (CIO), Joint Staff (JS), Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (AT&L), Services, and DoD Agencies to develop and maintain high level joint interoperability related policy.
Assist DISA in developing policy/instruction related to test and evaluation of Information Technology (IT) and National Security Systems (NSS) and develop the JITC IPG under the direction of the DoD CIO’s Office. Develop internal JITC interoperability related instructions, guidance, and training material to assist Action Officers (AOs) in complying with DoD/DISA policy.
Assist both internal as well as external customers whenever there are questions related to interoperability policy to ensure consistency across the interoperability community and within the Command.
- Quality Assurance Program – Maintain standards for content and consistency of interoperability products. Prevent the release of substandard products, minimize cost of rework, and check products for compliance to statutory, regulatory, and organizational policies. Includes test plans, reports and interoperability certifications/assessments.
Test plans, reports and certification/assessments include Operational Test/Operational Assessment, interoperability and Developmental Test type activities for both National Security Agency (NSA) support type and non NSA support type activities. Provide direction to AOs and contracting teams on the correct and approved way of writing test and certification document products.
- Waiver to Policy Requests – Receive, review, distribute, and track Waiver to Policy requests on behalf of the DoD CIO and provide JITC consolidated recommendations to the Interoperability Steering Group (ISG) Tri-Chairs (DoD CIO, JS, and AT&L).
- Joint Interoperability Requirement Document Reviews – Provide a JITC Document Review Team and execute roles assigned to JITC as an Executive Agent for review in the Global Information Grid (GIG) Technical Guidance-Federation (GTG-F) Interoperability Assessment Module (IAM). Manage JITC's Document Review process and represent JITC at the GTG-F Configuration Control Board (CCB).
Assist Lead Assessors/Assessors (Portfolios) with document review process. Provide tasking and response role for JITC review of documents in the Knowledge Management/Decision Support (KM/DS) System.
- National Capital Region (NCR) Liaison Support – Provide support to JITC NCR Liaison. Coordinate and support the DoD ISG, NetOps Readiness Review Board (NRRB), Joint Information Environment (JIE) Working Integrated Product Team (WIPT), and similar coordination efforts.
- DoD ISG Meeting Support – Support the ISG and the Executive Secretary for the ISG meetings Tri-Chaired by the DoD/CIO, JS, and AT&L (held bi-monthly). Provide technical and logistical support, organize and track Interim Certification to Operate (ICTO) requests and decisions. Develop and maintain the Interoperability Steering Group Management Console (ISG MC).
- NR-KPP Testing Guidance – Develop and maintain the NR-KPP Guidebook and training modules to support AOs in JITC testing portfolios. Compliance to the NR-KPP is the basis for Joint Interoperability Certification.
- Risk Assessment and Joint Standards Research – Provide a data base and a web-based tool for JITC AOs to conduct joint interoperability risk assessments based on standards implemented by the system under test. Conduct full service risk assessments and reports as requested. Conduct periodic reviews of standards and specifications and update the risk data base.
- NR-KPP Helpdesk – Log, disseminate, and track responses for all incoming NR-KPP Helpdesk Requests for information. Categorize requests based on information needed, develop Frequently Asked Questions. Monitor the JITC NR-KPP Helpdesk email and develop/maintain an NR-KPP SharePoint page. Provides some support to AOs for requirements document reviews and test plan/certification report development.
- GIG Technical Profiles (GTP) – JITC lead for GIG Technical Profile reviews coordination and tracking. Distribute incoming profiles for system subject matter expert reviews and track through all stages of development. Draft GTP testing templates and provide coordination with the DISA office responsible for GTP development.
- JIE Test, Evaluation, and Certification (TE&C) Activities – Support JIE Compliance activities to include interoperability, policy, architecture reviews, and other JIE duties as assigned. Support National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) working groups as subject matter expert for testing, interoperability, conformance and certification. Support other DISA strategic initiatives as required (DISA Enterprise Architecture Council for example).
Support development of JIE Early Operational Assessment Test Plan. Perform other duties as assigned in support of JIE TE&C.
- Joint Interoperability Knowledge Management – Maintain/improve joint interoperability TE&C Knowledge Management capabilities/tools. This includes the System Tracking Program (STP) Improvement Effort (verification and correction of joint interoperability certification data in STP).
Develop and maintain an authoritative Joint Interoperability Knowledge Management SharePoint portal, a one stop portal to find the current joint interoperability information to include policies, guides, document review checklists, etc. (i.e. products for certifications based on compliance to the NR-KPP).
- Joint Interoperability Certification Metrics – Develop, collect and report on joint interoperability certification metrics (timeliness). This includes coordination across JITC and the validation of STP data.